The return to schools and colleges has arrived! The beginning of the school year is an important period for pupils as well as for college students.
At the “returning to school period”, we return to our routine after the summer holidays and it is a great opportunity to get into a program and adopt healthy eating habits.
As easy as it is to take a croissant or some biscuits with you, it is just as easy to take a snack with you that will last longer and provide you with more nutrients than a croissant.
A smart way to have a complete breakfast or snack is to combine 1 source of carbohydrates (bread, bun, oats, cereals) with 1 source of protein (egg, cheese, yogurt, milk) or 1 source of fat (nut butter, tahini, avocado) and accompany them with a fresh fruit! Thus, you will increase the feeling of satiety and cover your needs for protein, calcium and fiber.
Some nutritious, healthy and easy snacks that you can make at home are:
- Toast with wholemeal bread or tortilla, light cheese for toast and lettuce
- Greek Koulouri stuffed with Light Sheep Cheese 1% or tahini
- Wholemeal breadsticks with yellow goats cheese or eggs
- Cereal bars with fruit
- Peanut butter bread and jam / fruit
- Rice wafers with tahini and honey
- Savory muffins with white cheese
- Muffin with egg, Light Sheep Cheese 1% and spinach
- Yogurt with oats or homemade granola and Stevia Freevia
- Wholemeal bread with avocado and egg