Here on Freevia we are starting a new column in our Blog with nutritional tips from our favorite Nutritionist Alexandra Kontodimou (Nutrition Home). Delicious Recipes, Nutrition consulting and many interesting healthy facts are waiting for you to discover them!
The consumption of goat’s milk may have been limited in our country in the past, but globally it is the most widespread form of milk. In recent years, in Greece, the consumption of goat’s milk and its products is gaining more and more ground, as its nutritional value, health benefits and also its advantages compared to cow’s milk are recognized.
For the first time in Greece, the Freevia “Light Goat Cheese for Toast” combines all the nutritional properties of goat’s milk without the extra fat! It is a unique Greek cheese, digestible and light, since it is made exclusively from 100% fresh Macedonian goat milk and retains all its properties to the maximum.
Some of the health benefits of goat’s milk are:
- It contains less lactose compared to cow’s milk making it more digestible for people with lactose intolerance and irritable bowel syndrome. Lactose is even lower in dairy products, such as cheese.
- Cow’s milk contains the proteins A2 and A1 beta-casein, while goat’s cheese only contains A2 beta-casein, which according to studies, is superior and more digestible than the A1 beta-casein of cow’s milk.
- Goat’s milk is an extremely rich source of protein, containing all the essential amino acids, which are essential building blocks of cells, tissues, muscles and bones, while at the same time helps in developing and maintaining our good health.
- It contains more calcium and vitamin A than cow’s milk. A glass of goat’s milk or a serving of goat’s cheese can meet up to 40% of our daily calcium needs, helping to develop and maintain a healthy skeleton and the health of our teeth and eyes.
- It is rich in zinc, one of the most important trace elements. Zinc helps to maintain the proper functioning of the body, and more specifically, improves reproductive health, vision, skin, hair and bone health.
- Goat cheese is a good source of selenium, one of the main trace elements with strong antioxidant activity. Selenium helps your body reduce the damage caused to our DNA by oxidative stress, reducing the risk of diseases such as cardiovascular disease, thyroid disease and some forms of cancer.
Did you see our new Huge Giveaway in cooperation with nutrition_home?
Amazing gifts and many surprises are waiting for you!
Check it out!