Our favorite Nutritionist Alexandra Kontodimou, prepared for us the most delicious souffle for the Christmas table! Keeping the calories low, but the enjoyment high, this unique dish will definitely impress your beloved guests.
One of my favorite dishes on the Christmas table, although not so traditional in Greek cuisine, is the cheese souffle! And yes, even this theoretically “fattening” dish has its place in a balanced diet. Especially when we can use delicious low-fat cheeses, thus saving a lot of calories and saturated fat!
For my delicious recipe for cheese souffle you will need (for 6 servings):
- 250 g whole penne
- 1.5 liter of milk 1.5%
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp flour
- 200 gr Light Goat Cheese Freevia
- 100 gr Lean Sheep 1% Freevia
- 2 tbsp corn
- 2 Florin peppers in cubes
- 2 tbsp toast
- Boil the penne and leave them aside without adding any fat.
- In a deep saucepan put the olive oil and flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the milk slowly (it should be at room temperature) and stir constantly with a whisk so that it does not clot. Once it boils and we see that it has started to coagulate, we withdraw.
- Add salt, pepper and enough nutmeg and break the Lean 1% Sheep by hand directly into the pot and mix.
- Add half the amount of Light Goat Cheese Freevia, corn, pepper and penne and mix.
- Transfer to a pan or bowls and on top add the rest of the Light Goat Cheese Freevia.
- Finally, bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.