For the first time in Greece, we can enjoy the whole taste of sheep cheese without the extra fat! Freevia Light Sheep 1% combines all the health benefits and taste of white cheese. It is made from 100% Greek sheep’s milk, fits any recipe and is an excellent choice for your daily table.
Some of the special nutritional characteristics of Light Sheep 1% are:
- Its fat content is extremely low (almost a lean product), thus having much fewer calories compared to whole dairy, of which the saturated fats contribute to the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Its content is 25% of proteins of high value, making it an ally in a weight loss program, increasing the feeling of satiety, but also in a muscle strengthening program, contributing to the development of muscle tissue.
- It is rich in calcium and by consuming just 60g of Light Sheep 1% provides us with 30-60% of the Recommended Daily Intake of calcium we need, thus helping us to maintain healthy bones and teeth.
- Sheep’s milk contains almost twice the amount of micronutrients compared to cow’s milk. It is rich in phosphorus, zinc, iron, magnesium and vitamins B and D, thus meeting a significant part of our needs.
Florina Peppers stuffed with Light Sheep 1%
A light summer dinner or lunch, low in fat, rich in protein and full of taste.
You will need
- 4 Florina Peppers
- 100gr. Light Sheep 1%
- 100gr. Strained Yogurt 2%
- 2 tbsp. Dried Mint
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- In a bowl, we crumble the Light Sheep 1% with a fork.
- Once our cheese is crumbled, we add the yogurt, mint, pepper and honey and mix well.
- Then, we cut the top of the peppers and fill them with the mixture.
- After that, we place the peppers in a pan and sprinkle with a little olive oil.
- Finally, we bake at 200 ° C for 15-20 minutes on a medium grill.